January 30, 2012

Why Tucker Images?

So I'm sitting here with my sweet dog, Barbara Jean {the most perfect creature that walked on four legs}. As I sit here at the drawing board working on my upcoming shoots and projects, she looks at me with those sweet bulldog wrinkles and instantly...I know she agrees with my every thought completely.  Isn't that nice sometimes? Just to have someone{or somedog in this case} believe in your each and every idea and thought. It's what I needed this afternoon.

I'm almost positive that everyone who reads this blog knows me personally so you know that I didn't go to photography school or art school. I went to school to play ball. I played ball and went to class and ignored the thing I loved the most because I was afraid that if I committed to it I would fail. Britney Ann hates to fail...she gets embarrassed and red faced...and down right discouraged{excuse the third person}. Now don't get me wrong, I photographed people all the time in college. I got the opportunity to shadow and work with some very talented photographers that taught me a ton and tried to steer me clear of the same speed bumps they hit along the way. But I never really jumped in with both feet. I don't think I trusted myself enough to develop my own company and brand...I'm sure you know how it is to second guess yourself. If not...let's chit chat. I'd love to remove that portion of my brain.

Upon graduation I had two choices. I could either a) stay upon the beaten path which would be completely comfortable for me and to be quite honest a little boring or b) dive into my passion for people and photography and commit to it fully. Well...after many prayers, tears, and talks with my support system I chose B and thus far I haven't looked back even once.

I love my job. I love my clients. I love learning and I love challenging myself. The past few months have been a whirlwind! Some mistakes have been made and I've learned A LOT but I am so excited about our future here at Tucker Images.

This whole ramble has a point I promise.

Almost all my clients ask me "Why Tucker Images?" That, my friends, is a fantastic question. Here's my story...


Tim Tucker was the Senior Writer for Bassmaster Magazine. He and I followed my dad, a professional fisherman, around the country for years and years. It didn't take long for me to claim him as my best buddy and playmate.  At the time I didn't have any brothers or sisters and Tim and Darlene, his wife, didn't have any kids so we were a perfect fit. He always had a smile that could light up any room and laugh that still echoes in my ears.

Tim went to be with God a month before I graduated high school in the spring of 2007.  His life was a blessing to me and many others and his memory warms all of our hearts all these years after.

Tim loved his job. He was always so full of life when he worked and from a very young age I knew I wanted to love what I did like that.  Photographing people is my passion and I know that Tim would be so proud that I found it. He is my inspiration for Tucker Images and I know that as God led me to do this Tim was right by his side.

All of you reading this blog are rockstars! I can't thank you enough for your wonderful support in my journey as a photographer! I'm so glad you came along for the ride.

Stay tuned...

Blessings,

B

Tim Tucker {1956-2007}

No comments:

Post a Comment