February 14, 2012

Love is always lovely in the end...


I am a lover of every sort of love.

I love how my parents love each other every single day. I love how My siblings love to make me laugh until I snort(yep. I snort)  I love the way I love a diet coke in the morning. I love how my bulldog loves to snuggle when I wake her up too early. I love the way my mom loves every shoot I do and gives me constant encouragement and feedback. I love the way the sun loves my lens and fills the frame with yummy romantic light in just the right way. The list goes on and on. 


I make a living telling love stories. Some tell them with words, some with lyrics, some with a paintbrush...I'm so blessed to be able to tell mine with photographs. It has been such a beautiful journey hearing my clients love stories and telling them over again with my camera. Each smile a word. Each image a page. It's what I love most about my job. 


I figured since it IS valentines day that I would tell you all a little piece of my love story. I can't tell you how nice it is to finally have one of my own.   


I never understood when someone described themselves as a half of a whole. I'd never experienced that sort of love but today while I sit here typing and Mr. Ben comes up behind me, reads over my shoulder, kisses my cheek and patiently leaves without a whisper, I know exactly what they mean. He makes my heart race in the most perfectly simple way. I love the way his eyes dance when he laughs and I love how makes me breathless and speechless all in the same moment. I've rewritten this post for three days now because I just can't find the right words to describe this kind of love. But I guess that's the way it's supposed to be right? Indescribable.  I find myself in awe sometimes that a man as perfectly perfect for me as him loves me the way he does. It's the purest and truest sort of love. I decided that in my final draft instead of trying to describe it I would simply leave it at this: he makes my knees weak, my heart happy, and my world full of love. He makes my life everyday.


I hope you all have a beautiful valentines day filled with every sort of love. don't wait until today to tell your love story. Live it every day of the year. :)


Blessings,
B



1 comment: